Tuesday 8 July 2014

Bejeweled - Altered Bottle !!

Hello Friends ,

Bejewelled .
Treasured art for your home, or a unique gift for someone special!


In the new project I have altered a Beer Bottle . I really went over board with the stones and Buttons and Laces to get the Bejewelled look :)


I want to confess that it was an experiment . I wanted to try whether Gesso will adher to bottles .
I watched loads of tutorials and finally gave it a try  .
I got third time lucky . Yippee !!!

Gesso can be adhered to glass bottles  . It needs to be mixed with Glue - Fevicol.

I havnt taken any pics as I wasnt sure whether it will come out the way I wanted it ..

First I started with sponging Gesso onto the bottle . Gave Multiple layers of it  . Sponging , why not Brushing  ?? Sponging gives a unique texture which I liked  :)  Once it was dried up , I gave a coat of acrylic colour ( Potrait Pink ) to it randomly and not evenly coated.

I Just Love Laces . I go crazy with them and have hoarded a few . I took out one of them and stuck it around the bottle. I tied a lacy ribbon over it and made it to a bow . The Base and the neck also has been covered with laces . You can see the Big Red Button adhered on the Lacy Bow. Butterfly has been stuck on a spellbinders dies cut - shapeabilities. Below the Butterfly you can see a Silver sparkling branch kind on which it is sitting, its a Earring of mine which I made it flat :)


Then I started decorating the bottles with handmade flowers . These are punch flowers and not die cuts . I have put lots of butterflies and dragonflies along with it .Next I added strings with stones embedded , to give the Jewel look to the Bottle on the whole .


 You can see a Big Gem like Button sitting on the mouth of the Bottle..!!


The Key is the Focal point .Its also altered by sticking Stone strings around it .. .
I just Loooved the way it has come up ..


Hope you like it too  !!

Do share your comments  .

Thanks
Love
Remya


Linking it to  :
Paper Crafting
Pile it on
Lessology
Altered Art
Simon Monday Challenge
Anything but a Card

 

24 comments:

  1. Wow Remya - you really fancied up that beer bottle! What pretty ribbons, flowers, pearls and lace you used! Thank you so much for sharing this with the ePlay Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning work Remya ! I love the way you have transformed this beer bottle, it' soooo pretty.! Love the colours the lace and jewels. The flowers and the jewelled key add to the treasured look of this wonderful bottle. Thank you joining in the ePlay challenge and treating us to this lovely piece of altering x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh...really pretty use of the lace. Great transformation of that beer bottle!
    Thanks for joining us at LESSology!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea that you could use gesso on glass. Fevicol? Great tip! Fabulous project! Thank you for sharing with us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u Michelle .. Yes gesso can be applied on to glass by mixing with fevicol :)

      Delete
  5. fabulous!!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge blog! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is pretty, thanks for sharing with us at LESSology!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great...& I agree with you re sponging on the gesso - gives a fabulous texture! LOOOOVE all the laces & flowers that you've added & my fave bit is the big button up top!! Thanks so much for playing with us at LESSology:):)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is super cool! Love that you experimented! Never would have guessed it was a beer bottle! hugs for all those super cool flowers and lace too! Thanks for playing along with us at LESSology!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all for the encouraging words and appreciation :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a delightful upcycled project, very creative and gorgeous bottle :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all the pearls, stones and lace..... I don't think you went overboard at all! But I know what you mean, I tend to not know when to stop. Absolutely love how your bottles turned out. Both are so very elegant!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us in our ePlay monthly challenge. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u Micki :) True its so difficult not to go over board :)

      Delete
  12. Now that is one gorgeous beer bottle! How can you not go overboard on decorating a wonderfully pink bottle?! I am so glad you shared about your attempts before your success with gesso! Often we hope a new process will work perfectly the first time-not often the case! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Anything But a Card!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...